[Xymon] Openfiler

SebA spah at syntec.co.uk
Mon Feb 24 14:13:05 CET 2014

Hi Malcom,

Sorry about the delay in replying.  I didn't see your message until now.
I've altered my rules to try and help in the future.

I did update several components of Openfiler recently, so although rPath may
be dieing and Openfiler may be moving to CentOS, I think this procedure
should still work...

It does not look like I edited these, but anyway:

My /etc/conaryrc:
installLabelPath openfileresa.rpath.org at esa:openfileresa-3.0
pinTroves (kernel|linux-image-2\.6\.[0-9]+-[0-9]+(-[a-z]+)?)([:-].*|$)
includeConfigFile /etc/conary/config.d/*

My /etc/conary/config.d/openfiler:

installLabelPath  <mailto:openfileresa.rpath.org at esa:openfileresa-3.0>
openfileresa.rpath.org at esa:openfileresa-3.0
<mailto:foresight.rpath.org at fl:2-qa> foresight.rpath.org at fl:2-qa
<mailto:conary.rpath.com at rpl:2> conary.rpath.com at rpl:2
autoResolve True

Sadly, the crucial part of what I did has gone out of my history now and my
PuTTY logs are a little unclear, but it looks like I did something like:

# conary update gcc
# conary update python ## not required for xymon, was for the script I was
going to write
# conary update libtool
# conary update glib
# conary update automake
# conary update autoconf
# conary update pkgconfig
# conary update subversion

Now you probably have enough to build xymon-client, but as an example I'll
include the next line (the next thing I did) where I specified the
repository because it was not in the default repositories:
# conary update freetds=foresight.rpath.org at fl:2-devel/1-1-1

And now we can build xymon-client like so (I probably should have done more
as the xymon user, but hey):

# useradd xymon
# cd /home
# cd xymon/
# svn co https://xymon.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xymon/trunk xymon-trunk
# chown -R xymon:xymon xymon-trunk
# cd xymon-trunk/
# ./configure --client
# make
# chown -R xymon:xymon *
# make install
# su xymon
# /home/xymon/client/runclient.sh start

Bear in mind that the procedure for building xymon-client has changed
recently I think, so you will need to check that.  Oh, and of course you
need to configure some xymon conf files!

Hope this helps, but if you really need the binaries, I could find some way
to upload and share them...

Kind regards,

Sebastian

  _____