[Xymon] spoofed IP's in hosts.cfg

Kris Springer kspringer at innovateteam.com
Fri Feb 21 01:13:17 CET 2014

I use xymon to monitor not only servers but also many specific URL's through
ports that we host for various purposes.  Some of the things I monitor are
behind multiple NAT firewalls and the IP's of the hosts are not only
irrelevant but not forwarded through my firewall and thus not needed to be
in my hosts.cfg file which is not on my local network.  I did some searching
and saw that I could enter 0.0.0.0 for the IP's, but now my hosts.cfg file
doesn't work.  What can I enter as the IP's for hosts in my hosts.cfg file
when I don't want the IP's specified?

Thank you.

Kris Springer