[Xymon] clientlaunch.cfg question

Bakkies Gatvol bakgat8 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 18 20:24:04 CET 2014

Answering my own question.

I still don't know what the manpage means exactly, but I discovered complete by accident -

 the values I specified at the end of the CMD line is loaded into the environment.

I was trying to access $1 and $2 but instead got ASERV and TTOLIV (and BOGO) set in the environment.  I can work with that!

here is what I have in clientlaunch.cfg

[check_mpaths]
        ENVFILE $XYMONCLIENTHOME/etc/xymonclient.cfg
        CMD $XYMONCLIENTHOME/ext/check_mpaths TTOLIV=5 ASERV=60.75.1.171 BOGO=FOO
        LOGFILE $XYMONCLIENTHOME/logs/check_mpaths.log
        INTERVAL 5m