[Xymon] xymond_channel ?? is not functional since vers 4.3.7

Andersson Tomas tomas.andersson at sca.com
Fri Feb 14 15:37:51 CET 2014

Hi All,

I recently compiled xymon4.3.16 on my system: HP-UX B.11.31 U ia64 (virtual machine)

I got into some troubles ,(that I fixed ) ...
When compiling:
I had to Replace CLOCK_MONOTONIC   with CLOCK_REALTIME in: timing.c

When issuing gmake install:
I got ERRORS in:  build/Makefile.rules
Had to replace find $(INSTALLROOT)$(INSTALLWWWDIR) -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 644
with      find $(INSTALLROOT)$(INSTALLWWWDIR) -type f -print | xargs chmod 644

After this everything went OK.

But I notice after starting xymon that several processes:
Xymond_channel  consumed massive amount of CPU >80% constant.

After 10 minutes everything goes purple and you can see "Peer not up, flushing message queue" in the logfiles

I have had this problem since version 4.3.8 ...
My solution is to replace the xymond_channel binary with the one from the xymon 4.3.7 version that apparently works well.

So my system runs OK now.

Just curious to see if anybody else have had problems with the xymond_channel process ?

/Tomas

________________________________

This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally
privileged information and is intended for the addressee's use
only. Any usage, disclosure, distribution, print or copying of
any part of this message is prohibited unless you are the
intended recipient. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it from any computer and notify the sender. If
you suspect that this message may have been altered, please
notify the sender. SCA has taken every reasonable precaution
to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments to this e-mail
has been scanned for viruses. However, SCA does not accept
liability for any damage caused by software viruses brought to
you by this mail.