[Xymon] Core File Problems

Nick Pettefar Nick at Pettefar.com
Thu Feb 13 16:57:27 CET 2014

Hi, on our Solaris 10 servers we have the following in the analysis.cfg file:

    %^/var/core/.* NOEXIST yellow

I have a green for a server and yet it has a core file:

/var/core -rw-------   1 root     root        4.0G Feb 10 18:36
core_Server99_had_0_0_1392057329_4030

The Xymon server's Files web page shows:

Thu Feb 13 15:50:50 GMT 2014 - Files ok

 /var/core/core_Server99_had_0_0_1392057329_4030

If I click on the link it displays:

[file:/var/core/core_lbisvr3_had_0_0_1392057329_4030]
ERROR: Value too large for defined data type

What can I do about this to get it to show a Yellow as required?

Also, when there are no core files present, the Xymon overview
displays a White face instead of a Green icon, can this be fixed?

We are running Xymon 4.3.14.

Regards,

Nick Pettefar