[Xymon] Multiple schedules for DOWNTIME not displaying in info

Torsten Richter bb4 at richter-it.net
Tue Feb 11 17:56:42 CET 2014

Hi Mike,

I had this problem too.
It seems, if you only have one scheduled downtime then spaces are no
problem but if you have more than one ... well it helps replacing the
spaces with underscores '_'. At least it worked for me and all scheduled
downtimes now show up on top of the info page.

HTH
Torsten

On 11.02.2014 17:41, Mike Burger wrote:
> I've got a server for which I want 2 different DOWNTIME schedules...one
> for "cpu" and one for "procs".
>
> The example on the hosts.cfg man page
> (http://www.xymon.com/xymon/help/manpages/man5/hosts.cfg.5.html) indicates
> that the proper syntax for DOWNTIME is:
>
> DOWNTIME=columns:day:starttime:endtime:cause[,columns:day:starttime:endtime:cause]
>
> Following that example, I've set it up like so:
>
> <ip address>   <hostname> # OS:aix disk,files,cpu,memory,msgs,ports,procs
> NOCOLUMNS:inode DOWNTIME=procs:*:2159:0030:"Nightly dwmain and dwstage
> database backups",cpu:*:0000:2359:"CPU Utilization due to daily jobs"
>
> But when I go to the info page, I see:
>
> Planned downtime:	All days:2159:0030 (status:procs) (cause:Nightly dwmain
> and dwstage database backups)
>
> and at the bottom:
>
> Other tags:	OS:aix disk,files,cpu,memory,msgs,ports,procs NOCOLUMNS:inode
> ,cpu:*:0000:2359:CPU Utilization due to daily jobs
>
> Should I not see both parts of the DOWNTIME line in the "Planned downtime"
> area on the client's info page? I've noticed this behavior in both 4.3.15
> and 4.3.16 (I'm only trying to add this multi-schedule for the first time,
> today).

- --
| E-mail  : bb4 [at] richter-it.net			  |
| Homepage: http://www.richter-it.net/			  |
Download my public key from:
http://gpg-keyserver.de/pks/lookup?search=0x899093AC&op=get