[Xymon] Terabithia RPMs for 4.3.16 available for testing

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Tue Feb 11 16:16:44 CET 2014

On Tue, February 11, 2014 5:25 am, Dirk Kastens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed the xymon-client-4.3.16-1.el6.x86_64 and configured the
> client in local mode. It seems, that the xymond_client is missing from
> the RPM. The xymonclient.log says:
>
> /usr/libexec/xymon-client/xymonclient.sh: 115:
> /usr/libexec/xymon-client/xymond_client: not found

Hi,

This was for some of the same reasons as in the discussion on the list --
preventing server-side dependencies (in this case, PCRE) from being a
hard, yet mostly unused 'Requires:' on the client-side RPM.

However, it's clear that there're definitely folks who are still using
--local mode, so it makes sense to add it.

I'll probably do this as a sub-package (xymon-client-local?) so as to
prevent the main RPM from changing its dependencies, though. Pulling that
in will fix this issue.

Regards,
-jc