[Xymon] xymon client in 'local' mode, build pain

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Feb 10 19:24:46 CET 2014

Den 10-02-2014 16:01, Novosielski, Ryan skrev:
> I am pretty sure I've seen reports on the list that this build simply doesn't work, even on Linux.

Have you tried?

At least on my Debian box - minimal installation - it builds without any
problems.

I have a Solaris 10/x86 VM with a load of CSW add-on packages (gcc, GNU
make etc from www.opencsw.org) installed. If I set PATH to
$PATH:/opt/csw/bin:/usr/ccs/bin, then the 4.3.16 client also configures
and compiles without any problems.

I am sure John had some real problems, but I just have to say that I
simply dont have all kinds of systems for testing, so if it breaks on a
setup out there, then I need help figuring out what the problem is - and
if it is a Xymon problem or a local problem.