[Xymon] Running Custon script on xymon server

Rolf Schrittenlocher schritte at ub.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue Feb 4 14:25:45 CET 2014

Hi Daniel,

the machine acting as xymon server has a client installation as well and
is acting as a client the same way as the other machines. Perhaps the
client is not running there?
greetings
Rolf
> Hi all,
>
> I have six computers that I monitor with xymon.  On of these computers
> is acting as the xymon server.  The other five are running the client
> installation.  I have custom monitoring scripts that I want to run on
> all the computers.
>
> I put the scripts in xymon/client/ext and modified clientlaunch.cfg on
> the five client computers and the script runs and the data is sent to
> the server.
>
> The question is, where do I put the custom scripts in the server
> installation?  I tried putting it in client/ext on the server box, but
> it is not running.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> *Dan Schwitalla*
> U.S. Geological Survey

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Rolf Schrittenlocher

Lokales Bibliothekssystem Frankfurt
Senckenberganlage 31, 60054 Frankfurt
Tel: (49) 69 - 798 28908   Fax: (49) 69 798 28817
LBS: lbs-f at mlist.uni-frankfurt.de
Persoenlich: schritte at ub.uni-frankfurt.de