[Xymon] Host Name Links

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 09:06:34 CET 2014

Hi all

Taking this idea to the next step, is it worth thinking about adding this
as a feature to future versions of Xymon.
Have a host-tag in asbuilt:m:1
Update the as-built monthly on the 1st.
Or asbuilt:w:6 to update weekly on a Sunday.

As part of the client scripts, we can have another script that generates a
basic as-built docco and sends it to the server to update
/usr/lib/xymon/server/www/notes/node1.html
The script could be pretty simple to cobble together, and I am sure there
will be heaps of contributions from the community out there for almost
every supported version.

Thoughts?