[Xymon] Host Name Links

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 09:04:21 CET 2014

Hi Martyn (and the others that replied)

This is exactly what I was looking for.
This /usr/lib/xymon/server/www/notes/node1.html trick is what I wanted.
I have a script that runs on each Solaris node just after the monthly
explorer, and it creates an HTML based as-built document.
The as-built isn't perfect, but it's good enough to satisfy management.
And they are pretty impressed with the host-name link on Xymon taking them
to an auto-updated as-built.
Changes to the system are automajically reflected in the as-built on the
1st of every month.

Regards
Vernon

On 11 December 2014 at 16:01, Martin Flemming <martin.flemming at desy.de>
wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Dec 2014, Vernon Everett wrote:
>
>  Hi all
>>
>> Some time back, there was a feature, hwereby the host name could become a
>> link, perhaps to an as-built, or a CMDB entry for the host. I used it once
>> before at another customer.
>> I can't recall how to do this, and I can't seem to find the notes on how.
>> Can anybody refresh my memory?
>>
>> Regards
>> Vernon
>>

> Hi !
>
> You need only create an html-file with the node-name
>
> e.g.
>
> /usr/lib/xymon/server/www/notes/node1.html
>
> cheers,
>         martin

"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory"
- General George Patton