[Xymon] message bodies now coming as attachments?

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Aug 25 22:13:12 CEST 2014

On 25-08-2014 20:34, John Thurston wrote:
> Within the last few days, my xymon listserv messages have been
> appearing in my mailbox as attached .eml files. The message body is
> empty except for the listserv footer. Subsequent responses to a
> message appear with the content in-line.
>
> I don't think anything has changed on my email client (TBird on
> windoz). Did something recently change on the listserve?
This happens with messages sent from yahoo.com adresses. Due to yahoo's
rather heavy-handed way of fighting spam, it has become necessary to
wrap messages inside an outer (empty) message which has the Xymon
mailing list as sender instead of the original yahoo sender.

This was implemented on Saturday, see
http://lists.xymon.com/archive/2014-August/040093.html