[Xymon] Xymon Newbie - Installation Issues

Sam Robert sam.robert at outlook.com
Thu Aug 21 19:41:05 CEST 2014

It says "yum no package rrdtool available" on a default instance of RHEL on Amazon AWS. Also, RRDTool is the one I am having the most trouble with on each distro. I have tried it on RHEL, Suse, Ubuntu & Amazon Linux. On each it's either not available or if it's available always has issues installing whether its the dependencies that are suddenly missing or something else. Didn't have any idea it was going to be so difficult to install RRDTool. Oh and where I used the YUM install, Xymon configure started throwing fits about not finding either RRDTool 1.0 or 1.2.