[Xymon] Config files that supports "include" directive

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Mon Aug 18 21:07:58 CEST 2014

On Mon, August 18, 2014 11:04 am, Stef Coene wrote:
> On Monday 18 August 2014 19:53:22 Andrey Chervonets wrote:
>> Which XyMon config files support "include" directive?
>>
>> In man documentation it is described only for hosts.cfg:
>> "include filename
>>  This tag is used to include another file into the hosts.cfg file at
>> run-time, allowing for a large hosts.cfg file to be split up into more
>> manageable pieces."
>>
>> Some time ago it was mentioned that it also works for alerts.cfg  (but
>> this is not documented)
>> What about other files?
>>
>> It would be nice to work for all XyMon config files. This would simplify
>> upgrade (I would just include referenced to custom configuration files).
>> For me it is most actual for:
>> * analysis.cfg
>> * client-local.cfg
> We use the 'directory' keyword for hobbit-alerts, hobbitgraph and
> hobbitlaunch.  Very easy to add extra settings without changing the
> defaults.

Pretty much everything except cgioptions.cfg will allow the use of
include/directory commands. (That one is parsed by the shell running the
CGI script wrappers instead of xymonlaunch/cmd, which is why it's
different.) Probably also the /etc/default/xymon-client or
/etc/sysconfig/xymon-client wouldn't respect them, depending on how your
init scripts are set up.

Regards,

-jc