[Xymon] Confusion on Alerts

Ryan Skadberg skadz at skadz.com
Fri Aug 1 20:40:46 CEST 2014

Hi Folks -

  I'm a little confused to why something is happening in my alerts
config, so I thought I would ask for some help to clear up the
confusion.

I have a specific set of systems that I only want to alert on if the
procs alarm is on for 30 mins or more, while my default is 6 minutes
(1 more than the poller).  So I have 2 things (well, for this, I have
a whole lot more doing other things):

# only alarm after 30 min machines
HOST=%echo.*.domain.com SERVICE=procs
        MAIL $EMAIL_OPS DURATION>30m REPEAT=60m
        MAIL $OPS_PAGER_1 DURATION>30m REPEAT=10m COLOR=red STOP

HOST=*
        MAIL $EMAIL_OPS DURATION>6m REPEAT=60m
        MAIL $OPS_PAGER_1 DURATION>6m REPEAT=10m COLOR=red

I _THOUGHT_ that if the STOP keyword was in there, it would stop
processing after that, but when I look in the web interface, I see
this:

procs bb-notice at domain.com 30m 1s - 1h - purple,yellow,red
          pager at domain.com,pagerbox at domain.com (S) 30m 1s - 10m - red
          bb-notice at domain.com 6m 1s - 1h - purple,yellow,red
          pager at domain.com,pagerbox at domain.com 6m 1s - 10m - red

The lines after the first set are red (which makes me think it's
pointing out bad configuration?).  What am I missing here?

Thanks!
Skadz