[Xymon] Is this logic right?

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Thu Apr 24 23:20:48 CEST 2014

I have two machines that run redundantly. One is used more than the other, but both can perform the same function.

Most of the time, I want to know when either of them are having problems. However, from 9:15 until about midnight, I have a backup job that sometimes causes I/O delays, and makes some of the tests, start flapping. So I get paged. But nothing is really wrong.

So what I want is to have pages go normally at other times, but from 9:15pm until midnight, only page if both machines are red.

HOST=hpna1,hpna2 COLOR=red
         IGNORE TIME=*:2115:2359
         MAIL $NG-IM-ADMIN
         MAIL $NG-IM-ONCALL FORMAT=SMS REPEAT=20 RECOVERED
# During Veeam's backup time, just watch the combo test
HOST=HPNA COLOR=red
         TIME=*:2115:2359
         MAIL $NG-IM-ADMIN RECOVERED REPEAT=30m DURATION>30
         MAIL $NG-IM-ONCALL FORMAT=SMS REPEAT=20 RECOVERED DURATION>30

And combo is:
HPNA.conn = (hpna1.conn || hpna2.conn)
HPNA.hpnaproxy = (hpna1.hpnaproxy || hpna2.hpnaproxy)
HPNA.http = (hpna1.http || hpna2.http)
HPNA.hpnadetails = (hpna1.hpnadetails || hpna2.hpnadetails)

Paul Root
Lead Engineer
CenturyLink Network Reliability Operations Center

600 Stinson Blvd, N.E.
Flr 2N
Minneapolis, MN 55413
Direct: (651)312-5207