[Xymon] SNAPSHOT Report and Historical Report not synched?

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Apr 16 10:46:35 CEST 2014

Den 08-04-2014 15:18, Diep, David (OCTO-Contractor) skrev:
> When I am on ‘Current Status’ and select the ‘cpu’ report, it gives me
> current information, which is the output of the top command. But when I
> go to the Snapshot Report and go to older date and select the ‘cpu’
> report, it returns with a date that is not that of what I selected for
> the Snapshot Report. Is this a bug or is it by design?  Is there a way
> to sync the Snapshot report and the other historical reports?

This happens when your cpu status did not change color on the day that
you requested in the snapshot. Xymon only saves data when the status
changes, so if your cpu status has been green for 3 weeks, the snapshot
report has to use the data that was saved when the status changed to
green, which will then be some time in the past.

So yes - this is by design.