[Xymon] test of pultiple ports for same service on same host

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Apr 4 16:15:22 CEST 2014

On 3 April 2014 03:11, John Thurston <john.thurston at alaska.gov> wrote:

> This reuses all/any of the ftp send/response strings in protocols.cfg
> which is nicer than copy/paste the whole section. The problem with this
> approach is updates to the Xymon application will repair protocols.cfg by
> keeping my modified definition _and_ reinserting the original.

You can use the "include" keyword for protocols.cfg.  So you could append
"include protocols-local.cfg" at the end of protocols.cfg, and then put
your re-definition into that file.  Upgrades should leave your own version
alone, and you only need to re-insert the include line to get it working
again.  If it's anything like the graphs.cfg file, later definitions (such
as in files included at the end) will replace earlier definitions.