[Xymon] two xymon servers - who controls clients?

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Sep 26 15:22:04 CEST 2013

Den 26.09.2013 15:08, Bakkies Gatvol skrev:

> I am setting up a
production xymon monitoring server. I have a development one already
running and was having the clients report to both. I had not thought
this setup would be problematic, (being use to old style Big brother)
but as I am working on a LOG monitoring setup - it dawned on me that
both prod & dev xymon server installs have a client-local.cfg.

> Is
there any kind of priority in the list of servers implied from the
client point of view?

> on any given client I have

/etc/default/xymon-client

> XYMONSERVERS="10.65.1.171 10.65.20.51"
>

> If by some dumbness of me I end up with different client-local.cfg
files on prod and dev - which one will end up on the client?

When you
have two recipients in a client configuration, then the server response
is returned by the first server in the list. So in your case, the client
would get the client-local.cfg entry found on 10.65.1.171.