[Xymon] copy compiled server code from dev to prod

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Wed Sep 25 02:45:31 CEST 2013

Bakkies

The "Jump to page" option causes findhost.cgi to call a URL at using
$XYMONWEBHOST as the server name.  This is typically defined in
xymonserver.cfg, and given the value of $XYMONSERVERHOSTNAME.  Try
searching for the dev server name in xymonserver.cfg.

I generally use packages for this purpose.  If I compile my own Xymon, I
then package it up and deploy it where I want it by installing the package.

But copying should work, assuming the relevant settings are adjusted on
each server, such as XYMONSERVERHOSTNAME and XYMONSERVERIP, and optionally
XYMONSERVERWWWNAME.