[Xymon] xymond_locator documentation and other thoughts

Clark, Sean sean.clark at twcable.com
Tue Sep 10 01:15:59 CEST 2013

xymond_locator program -

I've read through the code and it makes sense ­ but is there (going to
be?) a man page or further explanation ?

I wrote a history & reflector style module that listens to channels - this
looks like a more formal way to do it?
Is it possible to have multiple display destinations running on locator?

ps -- use "restofmsg"   NOT metadata[15]  -- because Henrik might just
toss 4 more new metadata things in there and throw your whole code off :-D

pps - Japeth, Henrik, Milne, (and I guess Sean who is the grandaddy of all
of this)  - thanks for all your hard work in making such a great
enterprise program! I really must thank Japeth Cleaver again for his
patches and rpm structure (and selinux option). Also a big thanks to the
community here and any one who has contributed that I failed to mention.

ppps - Japeth - the history one isn't the piece of junk I was talking to
you about 3 years back or so - I actually learned how to write much better
C and how it works without any issues other than the number of metadata
elements changing

pppps (last one) - new-daemon.txt is the only place where the channels
were formally explained, and that file is woefully out of date - I would
suggest either dropping the file or updating it with the extra fields in it

--
Sean Clark