[Xymon] Task xymongen terminated by signal 6

Boldt, David dboldt at usgs.gov
Tue Sep 3 16:38:08 CEST 2013

Hello Henrik,

Thanks for your response.  After having posted I discovered that the latest
update was not in place, having been applied to the home directory for the
xymon account, which was not at the base directory for xymon. After
applying the update to the correct location, xymongen appear to be happy.

If it's not bad form to change the topic in a thread, I am currently
dealing with a different XYmon issue. The test "http" oscillates between
green and "DNS error" in an odd way. It will be red for about 5 minutes,
and green for about 5 seconds, as if the server is receiving two nearly
synchronized reports with different outcomes.

server/etc/tasks.cfg has this for xymonnet:

[xymonnet]
ENVFILE /usr/local/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg
 NEEDS xymond
CMD xymonnet --report --ping --checkresponse --concurrency=64 --no-ares
--dnslog=$XYMONSERVERLOGS/xymonnet-err.log
 LOGFILE $XYMONSERVERLOGS/xymonnet.log
INTERVAL 5m

Log files xymon.log net and xymonnet-err.log are empty. Omitting option
--no-ares makes no difference.

--
                                         -- David Boldt
                                            <dboldt at usgs.gov>

    "Careful. We don't want to learn from this."
    --Bill Watterson (1958 - ), "Calvin and Hobbes"