[Xymon] Question about "all non-green view" and edit critical systems

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Wed Oct 9 14:09:56 CEST 2013

It's likely that, at one point, you (or someone in your organization) ran
something like this on your Xymon server:

htpasswd -c $XYMONHOME/etc/xymonpasswd <username>

to create a password file Xymon's use and/or:

htpasswd $XYMONHOME/etc/xymonpasswd <username>

to update it with additional users or to change a user's password.

You'll want to look for "xymonpaswd" somewhere and check the contents for
a username and either change a password (for a generic, multi-use user)or
add a new user to do so (using the second command).

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever just
stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1