[Xymon] planned downtime

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Thu May 16 12:11:55 CEST 2013

On 16.05.2013 09:29, Torsten Richter wrote:

> I'm running 4.3.10 at the moment on Linux and have a question about
> the
> DOWNTIME parameter in hosts.cfg.
[snip]
> Can someone confirm that this only works for red and yellow alerts
> but
> not for the purple ones?
> Can this behaviour be adjusted somewhere? Except for setting the
> status
> lifetime in the scripts of course.

You're right that it only affects red or yellow alerts.

It isn't something that you can configure, but I do see your point in
having this also work for a purple status - typically local custom tests
that are not running when the server is down.

You can change it in the code: In 4.3.10, this is in
xymon-4.3.10/xymond/xymond.c on line 1194:

  if ((*color == COL_RED) || (*color == COL_YELLOW)) {

should be changed to

  if ((*color == COL_RED) || (*color == COL_YELLOW) || (*color ==
COL_PURPLE)) {

Run make + make install (or copy xymond/xymond over to the bin/
directory).

I'll make this change for 4.3.12. Note that you'll have to restart
Xymon for this to take effect.

Regards.