[Xymon] graph definition: file pattern

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Mon May 6 14:19:58 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to influence the rrds in a multi-rrd graph.
I use FNPATTERN, but I want to have more control from the url because the
graphs I want can change from server to server.

As example, this is a graph with 4 filesystems:
hobbitgraph.sh?host=serverA&
service=disk&
first=1&
count=4&
action=menu

But I want to specify the filesystems I want to see:
hobbitgraph.sh?host=serverA&
service=disk&
rrd=/,/home,/usr&
action=menu

An other solution for my case is the possibility to overrule the FNPATTERN in
the config file from the url.  For instance, I want to change the FNPATTERN from
[disk] so it only shows the filesystems beginning with /home:
hobbitgraph.sh?host=serverA&
service=disk&
FNPATTERN=disk,home(.*).rrd&
action=menu

The url's to the graphs are generated externally from xymon.
I use the filesystems as example.  I need this to group hdisk information on
AIX per VG.

Any thoughts?

Stef