[Xymon] change of one alert notification time

David Baldwin david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au
Mon May 6 03:39:51 CEST 2013

Deepak,
> I want to change one of an alert's notification time.
>
> eg. all alerts will have repeat time of 30 mins and disk (or my custom
> alert) will have repeat time as 4 hours, tried below configuration but
> not working as expected. What am I doing wrong?
>
> HOST=$HOSTS SERVICE=* IGNORE SERVICE=disk
> SCRIPT /usr/local/xymon/server/ext/html_mail.pl <http://html_mail.pl>
> mail_id at gmail.com <mailto:mail_id at gmail.com> FORMAT=PLAIN REPEAT=30
> RECOVERED NOTICE
> SERVICE=disk
> SCRIPT /usr/local/xymon/server/ext/html_mail.pl <http://html_mail.pl>
> mail_id at gmail.com <mailto:mail_id at gmail.com> FORMAT=PLAIN REPEAT=240
> RECOVERED NOTICE

Suggest you check the doco on this (see Help -> Configuring alerts). You
need to understand what IGNORE does vs EXSERVICE. You can also get an
idea what alerting is in effect by checking the "info" item for a host.

      Keywords in rules and recipients

These are the keywords for setting up rules:

PAGE 	rule matching an alert by the name of the page the host is
displayed on. This is the name following the "page", "subpage" or
"subparent" keyword in the bb-hosts file.
EXPAGE 	rule excluding an alert if the pagename matches.
HOST 	rule matching an alert by the hostname.
EXHOST 	rule excluding an alert by matching the hostname.
SERVICE 	rule matching an alert by the service name.
EXSERVICE 	rule excluding an alert by matching the hostname.
COLOR 	rule matching an alert by color. Can be "red", "yellow", or
"purple".
TIME 	rule matching an alert by the time-of-day. This is specified as
the DOWNTIME timespecification in the bb-hosts file (see bb-hosts(5)).
DURATION 	Rule matching an alert if the event has lasted longer/shorter
than the given duration. E.g. /DURATION>10m/ (lasted longer than 10
minutes) or /DURATION<2h/ (only sends alerts the first 2 hours). Unless
explicitly stated, this is in minutes - you can use 'm', 'h', 'd' for
'minutes', 'hours' and 'days' respectively.
UNMATCHED 	This keyword on a recipient means that he will only get an
alert, if no other alerts have been sent. So you can use it e.g. when
setting up alerts to specific people for some services, then after those
you add a recipient with the UNMATCHED keyword who will only get those
alerts that were not sent anyone else. You can also use it to setup a
"catch-all" alert recipient, use the UNMATHED keyword on a recipient at
the end of the hobbit-alerts.cfg file.
RECOVERED 	Rule matches if the alert has recovered from an alert state.
NOTICE 	Rule matches if the message is a "notify" message. This type of
message is sent when a host or test is disabled or enabled.

These are the keywords for specifying a recipient:

MAIL 	Recipient who receives an e-mail alert. This takes one parameter,
the e-mail address.
SCRIPT 	Recipient that invokes a script. This takes two parameters: The
script filename, and the recipient that gets passed to the script.
IGNORE 	Recipient that does NOT send an alert, and will cause Xymon to
stop looking for any more recipients. See the example below.
FORMAT 	format of the text message with the alert. Default is "TEXT"
(suitable for e-mail alerts). "PLAIN" is the same as TEXT, except it
does not include the URL linking to the status webpage. "SMS" is a short
message with no subject for SMS alerts. "SCRIPT" is a brief message
template for scripts.
REPEAT 	How often an alert gets repeated. As with the DURATION setting,
this is in minutes unless explicitly modified with 'm', 'h', 'd'.
STOP 	By default, hobbitd_alert looks at all the possible recipients in
the hobbit-alerts.cfg file when handling an alert. If you would like it
stop after a specific recipient gets an alert, add the STOP keyword to
this recipient. This terminates the search for more recipients.

David.

--
David Baldwin - Senior Systems Administrator (Datacentres + Networks)
Information and Communication Technology Services

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport visit http://www.ausport.gov.au

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.