[Xymon] manually running custom script not changing the status

Norbert Kriegenburg norbert.kriegenburg at de.ibm.com
Fri May 3 09:34:32 CEST 2013

Hi,

what I always include in my scripts is a test mode snippet:

# Test-Mode ?
# TEST=0 => works in cooperation with Xymon agent (default)
# TEST=1 => for testing, results to stdout ("TEST=1 ./bb-testname.sh")
# TEST>1 => for testing, but sending results to Xymon server manually
TEST=${TEST:-"0"}
if [ "$TEST" != "0" ]
then
  # if TEST mode, we have to manually set the env
  BBHOME="$HOME/xymon/server"
  . $BBHOME/etc/xymonserver.cfg
  BBQUERYCMD=$BB
  [ "$TEST" = "1" ] && BB="echo"
fi

(based on my old BB scripts, read BBHOME=XYMONHOME)
Then I can easy do all manual testing with
TEST=1 $HOME/ext/testscript.sh
for stdout, and with TEST=2 for direct send to xymon server, if you want to
update the status manually, or check the html output.
(one line, no semicolon!)

Norbert