[Xymon] SCO OS 6 Returns Negative Memory

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri May 3 05:14:17 CEST 2013

On 3 May 2013 04:11, Jamison Maxwell <jamison at newasterisk.com> wrote:

> 4294496256

Yes, this is bigger than what atoi() will return.  This is done in
xymond/client/sco_sv.c in the function handle_sco_sv_client() in the
following line of code:

                memphystotal = (atoi(memsizestr) / 1048576);

The variable memsizestr is a string pointer to the value in the [memsize]
client data section.  The variable memphystotal is defined as a long, so it
would make sense that atol() be used instead of atoi().

This is probably a bug in Xymon, but I'm not a C coder so I'm not entirely
sure.  However, the [memsize] section is only parsed for (and sent by)
SCO/Unixware systems, which isn't exactly the most popular OS around.  As
far as I can tell, it's the only client parsing code that uses atoi() for
memory numbers, and has probably rarely been used on SCO systems with
sufficient memory size to overflow the signed integer type (about 2.1GB).

Henrik, agree that this is a bug?

Cheers
Jeremy