[Xymon] Page-title optional or not? hosts.cfg

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Fri Mar 22 18:23:20 CET 2013

> the man page  says
>

> page NAME [Page-title]
> This defines a page at the level below the entry page. All
> hosts following the "page" directive appear on this page, until
> a new "page", "subpage" or "subparent" line is found.
>
> I interpreted  [Page-title] to be an optional field.  However if I do not
> have it - the info page goes amuck.
> Since fortunately everything seems to work fine ... just the unreadable
> info page, not a huge deal, but it was a little tricky to figure out.

The only thing optional is what you call it.

If you have subpages, the title is what you'll see as a link for
"clickable" navigation, rather than the unwieldy URL that showed up in
your info page.

Long story short...IMO the title is like American Express. Don't leave the
Xymon Home Page without it. ;-)

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever just
stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1