[Xymon] Documenting servers, processes and stuff inside Xymon

Ward, Martin Martin.Ward at colt.net
Thu Mar 21 11:14:26 CET 2013

Hi all,

Is there any way to provide a simple list of "how-to"s for a given server within Xymon? For instance I have a process that over time eats up memory so needs to be restarted. It would be useful to have a piece of text saying something like "If memory gets full over time then restart this process" in the Memory page for this server. I realise I could have an auto-restart script but I am chary of those because of the potential for it continually restarting a daemon due to memory usage if, for some reason, that daemon is not the actual cause of the memory problem.

I know about the DESCR: and COMMENTS: options in hosts.cfg but they for short amounts of text on a page with lots of hosts. Is there anywhere that I can link or show more information, hints and tips, contact information and such like information for each server?

|\/|artin

[Colt Disclaimer]
This email is from an entity of the Colt group of companies.
Colt Group S.A., K2 Building, Forte 1, 2a rue Albert Borschette, L-1246 Luxembourg, R.C.S. B115679.
Corporate and contact information for our entities can be found at
http://colt.net/uk/en/Colt-Group-of-Companies/index.htm.
Internet communications are not secure and Colt does not accept
responsibility for the accurate transmission of this message. Content
of this email or its attachments is not legally or contractually binding
unless expressly previously agreed in writing by Colt