[Xymon] xymon feature I would like to add too

Andrey Chervonets a.chervonets at cominder.eu
Wed Mar 20 14:41:27 CET 2013

I know this approach to  use virtual hosts definitions, but this mean
a) replace sending tests information as of behalf of virtual host
instead of from real host.
This mean we loose mapping to real host. It is not suitable for me, I
need this map, because many related events occure at that host (for
example CPU load or disk space usage)

b) to make this working  in normal way we should start client process
with hostname parameter for each target.
or we should customize our scripts to use target object name (db name
for instance) instead of real machine name.
It is not big deal, but really is not the best approach.
It would be much more better to have standard feature of XyMon that
allow to have  another level for grouping events.

Best regards,

Andrey Chervonets
SIA CoMinder
http://www.cominder.eu/