[Xymon] Flushing Stale messages?

cleaver at terabithia.org cleaver at terabithia.org
Fri Mar 15 19:41:41 CET 2013

That's odd. If you're on a box with a lot of memory, writing out to a
tmpfs might help. For your worker, I'd suggest just adding a debug line or
two in front of that section.

WRT the checkpoint file, the only real corruption I've seen myself has
occurred when malformed utf-8 packets came in -- I'd accidentally included
gzip output in a script I'd put in my /local directory :/.

You could try modifying the init startup/shutdown script to copy over the
checkpoint file every once in a while, and then point a copy of xymond
over to it in --debug mode and see if it chokes... and if so, how far in.

Thinking about it, a --validate flag to xymond might not be too hard to
whip up.

Regards,

-jc