[Xymon] regular expressions in analysis.cfg

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Mar 8 00:06:17 CET 2013

On 7 March 2013 09:49, Phil Crooker <Phil.Crooker at orix.com.au> wrote:

>  > The quoting is consistent across Xymon configuration files.
>
> Well not in this case, eg in analysis.cfg:
>     DISK    "/yada bing bong" 90 95
> it isn't "DISK /yada bing bong".

It's not "DISK=/yada bing bong" - there's no equals sign, so it's not the
same.  But in the same file, parameters that are in A=B format are quoted
as "A=some string with spaces".

>  Same in hosts.cfg:
>      0.0.0.0  whatever.com.au   # NAME:"What Ever"
> not: "NAME:What Ever".

Again, no equals sign there.

I guess we're getting into some subtleties though.  And it would be nice to
have the same parser/format for all the different bits of Xymon.  But my
point is, quoting is (in my experience) the same for all "A=B" format
assignments, even if not for "A B" and "A:B" definitions.