[Xymon] regular expressions in analysis.cfg

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Wed Mar 6 11:41:02 CET 2013

On 6 March 2013 11:04, Phil Crooker <Phil.Crooker at orix.com.au> wrote:

> Thanks, it does work on ignore statements with regular expressions but not
> with simple strings:
>
> LOG eventlog_application %^warning COLOR=yellow "IGNORE=No externals have
> been specified"
> LOG eventlog_application %^warning COLOR=yellow IGNORE="No externals have
> been specified"

I would have thought both of these would work.  Might be a bug.

> If I escape the spaces or if I add the %, it works.

Well that's something.

>  But still, this is not logical - quotes are normally after the equal
> sign

Well, no.  This is not illogical, just not familiar to you, that's all.
 We're not dealing with a shell script, but a highly-specific configuration
file.  The quoting is consistent across Xymon configuration files.

But the fact that the quoted string with spaces doesn't match is probably a
bug.

and of course it shouldn't be necessary to make this into a regex when it
> isn't.

That's true.

Cheers
Jeremy