[Xymon] regular expressions in analysis.cfg

David Baldwin david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au
Mon Mar 4 08:13:41 CET 2013

Phil,

You need to put "" around entire IGNORE item - e.g.:

... "IGNORE=%Client \([0-9]7"

This applies for any use of regex in analysis.cfg which uses spaces.

David.
> I'm having a problem with spaces in regular expressions when trying to
> IGNORE log entries. So for the line:
>
> warning - 2013/03/04 12:52:21 - BigBrotherXymonClient (17) - The agent externals generated this event message : No externals have been specified
>   works:           LOG eventlog_application %^warning   COLOR=red
> IGNORE=%Client.*17
>   works:           LOG eventlog_application %^warning   COLOR=red
> IGNORE=%Client.*[0-9]7
>   works:           LOG eventlog_application %^warning   COLOR=red
> IGNORE=Client\ \(17
>   works:           LOG eventlog_application %^warning   COLOR=red
> IGNORE=No\ externals\ have\ been\ specified
>
>   doesn't work:   LOG eventlog_application %^warning   COLOR=red
> IGNORE=%"Client \([0-9]7"
>   doesn't work:   LOG eventlog_application %^warning   COLOR=red
> IGNORE="Client \(17"
>   doesn't work:   LOG eventlog_application %^warning   COLOR=red
> IGNORE="Client (17"
>   doesn't work:   LOG eventlog_application %^warning   COLOR=red
> IGNORE="No externals have been specified"
>
> Is this correct? If so, why no spaces??? It is very confusing as
> spaces are used elsewhere, eg I can have spaces in a DISK name in
> analysis.cfg: DISK "/yada yada" 90 95, and spaces can be used in
> various places in hosts.cfg.
>
> thanks, Phil

David Baldwin - Senior Systems Administrator (Datacentres + Networks)
Information and Communication Technology Services
Australian Sports Commission          http://ausport.gov.au
Tel 02 62147830 Fax 02 62141830       PO Box 176 Belconnen ACT 2616
david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au          Leverrier Street Bruce ACT 2617

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport visit http://www.ausport.gov.au

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.