[Xymon] http checks for multiple domains in the same server

David Hay-Currie dhaycurrie at leisurefitness.com
Thu Jun 27 23:10:34 CEST 2013

For the dnsreg..that is what I thought, and it is where I have it.
I also have /etc/xymon/xymonserver.d
Which does
[dnsreg]
                #DISABLED
                ENVFILE /etc/xymon/xymonserver.cfg
                CMD /usr/lib/xymon/server/ext/dnsreg
                LOGFILE /var/log/xymon/xymonlaunch.log
                INTERVAL 1440m

This is to launch the dnsreg, but I guess it is not launching it
Just in case I also added it to tasks.cfg

For the http checks. I created a httoweb.cfg in tasks.d with the code, and I added the domains (20 at the moment).
What I am wondering is:

1.       Do I need to rename the domain check from the host file (only the http like http://somedomain.com)

2.       And, If I remove the http check, where will it report the status?

David Hay-Currie
IT Manager
Leisure Fitness Equipment LLC
231 Executive Dr. Suite 15