[Xymon] Xymon server to monitor off-site cluster [private nodes]

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Thu Jun 27 21:09:35 CEST 2013

Yes, you’ll be fine. The web server isn’t automatically turned on when you install the server.

From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Joseph De Nicolo
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:04 PM
To: Adam Goryachev
Cc: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: Re: [Xymon] Xymon server to monitor off-site cluster [private nodes]

Installed the client first on the head-node. It reports to my xymon server perfectly fine.

Now I installed an xymon server on the head-node, where can I disable the server daemon and enable xymonproxy? I also want to make sure that there is no xymon web server running, does disabling the xymon server daemon automatically take care of this or is there an extra step to shutting down the web server? I want everything displayed on my off-site central xymon server and nowhere else.

Thanks!

Joseph De Nicolo
Secure Database Administrator
Center for Complex Network Research<http://www.barabasilab.com>