[Xymon] CGI Scripts coredumping

Glenn Brown Brown.Glenn at healthnow.org
Mon Jun 24 17:05:17 CEST 2013

Over the weekend the xymon CGI scripts seem to have started to coredump.
In the Web server logs I see this...

[Mon Jun 24 10:19:27 2013] [error] [client 10.133.24.119] Premature end of
script headers: svcstatus.sh, referer: http://monaix/xymon/nongreen.html
[Mon Jun 24 10:39:38 2013] [error] [client 10.133.24.119] Premature end of
script headers: enadis.sh, referer: http://monaix/xymon-cgi/report.sh

In the cgi-bin and cgi-secure directories I see a core file which
references the actual C cgi apps, when I try to run gdb backtrace it just
tells me signal 4, illegal instruction, I assume It has no more info since
there are no symbols.

I am really at a loss for what would have started to cause this happen,
can anyone provide some insight or direction?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential, trade secret or privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a violation of law.  If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message.