[Xymon] what does "O" mean in the [bind] section in graphs.cfg

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Tue Jun 4 08:25:48 CEST 2013

Guys

The graphs.cfg file has a [bind] section, obviously for graphing BIND DNS
query counts for different resource record types (A, SOA, MX, etc).  The DS
names match the resource record types.

One of those types RR types is called "O".  As far as I know there's no
such record type.  So I'm guessing this means "Other", or all other record
types.

Can anyone confirm that "O" means "Other"?

I haven't found anything in doco about this, but it's probably there for
compatibility with Hobbit or BigBrother graphs.  I could just make a new
[bind] section, but I'd like to maintain backwards compatibility.

Cheers
Jeremy