[Xymon] How does Xymon update host config info?

Mills, David (IS) David.Mills at ngc.com
Thu Jul 18 18:20:21 CEST 2013

All --

I'm trying to get a better grasp of how Xymon updates its internal structures with host configuration data from the hosts.cfg file.

For example, I would have said that running "xymongen" reads the config data in hosts.cfg and immediately populates the Xymon structures, so that running "xymon ... "xymondboard"", for example, would immediately post results for a new host entered into hosts.cfg.

However, I see this is not the case. I have to wait for a few minutes sometimes, before such new hosts become "visible". Can someone please explain how Xymon updates itself in this way?

Thanks!

david

David Mills
Systems Administrator