[Xymon] how does delayyellow work?

Troy Adams troy at athabascau.ca
Tue Jan 22 19:52:37 CET 2013

Good point. How might I verify?

cheers,

Troy

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Laidman" <jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au>
To: "Troy Adams" <troy at athabascau.ca>
Cc: "xymon" <xymon at xymon.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:06:15 PM GMT -07:00 US/Canada Mountain
Subject: Re: [Xymon] how does delayyellow work?

Perhaps "sa" has been yellow for 9 minutes, but the first 6 minutes it has been suppressed?

On 18 January 2013 07:40, Troy Adams < troy at athabascau.ca > wrote:

My Xymon 4.3.10 server has a host configured as follows:

XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX smtp # sm ~smtp ~smtps DOWNTIME=smtp,smtps:*:0500:0510:restart delayyellow=smtp:3,smtps:3,sm:6

The "sm" service has been yellow but only for less than 3 minutes. I didn't
expect the status page to show yellow until after 6 minutes because of the
"delayyellow" directive.

What am I missing?

cheers,

Troy

This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged information. Please contact us immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communications received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.