[Xymon] Xymon with Bacula

Joseph De Nicolo denicoloj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 21:43:29 CET 2013

the xymon_bacula_check.sh script will run automatically now. The problem
was like you said, using $HOBBITCLIENTHOME instead of $XYMONCLIENTHOME when
you have to add those lines to the clientlaunch.cfg. I didn't catch it the
first time. I'm seeing the test perfectly fine on my xymon server website
now, even on server reboots.

Now I want to edit the actual bacula_check.sh script to show me more info.
I run multiple types of jobs so I want it to display Full, incremental,
differential, ect...
I believe I need to edit this line when it runs the list jobs command and
greps the data:
data=$(echo "list jobs" | $BCMD | $GREP "^|" | $TAIL -n$NUMJOBS | $SED -e
's/|\ /|/g'  \
     | $AWK -F"|" "{print \$2 \"\t\" \$3 \"\t\" \$4 \"\t\" \$7 \"\t\" \$8
\"\t\" \$9}" )

I'm just confused about those numbers, but I believe they represent the
column number of the catalog database correct? so to add job type and level
I just add columns 5 and 6 using the same format as you have here in the
script. And then I have to add those columns to the webpage by editing the
JOBHEADER line. This would be the correct way to go about this correct?

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Bill Arlofski <waa-hobbitml at revpol.com>wrote:

> On 01/10/13 15:06, Joseph De Nicolo wrote:
> > the xymoncmd did the trick, I have to make sure that I don't have to do
> that
> > manually every time though.
>
> (bringing this response back to the list)
>
> Running it manually like that will run the script once. After (default) of
> 20
> minutes that test will turn purple indicating that your Xymon server has
> not
> seen an update for that test in a while.
>
> If your bacula test turns purple, you will need to re-investigate your
> settings on the client.
>
> There should be a xymon_bacula_check.log log and a clientlaunch.log on the
> bacula server in ~xymon/client/logs
>
> Check to see if anything obvious shows up in those logs.
>
> --
> Bill Arlofski
> Reverse Polarity, LLC

*Joseph De Nicolo*