[Xymon] Xymon with Bacula

Joseph De Nicolo denicoloj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 19:30:11 CET 2013

Xymon Users,

I was wondering if anybody had experience with using xymon to monitor a
bacula backup server.
I am running a dedicated xymon server, and the bacula backup server is
offsite for backup reasons. I have a xymon client only installation on the
bacula server so I can receive cpu, disk, and the other system monitors. I
came across this xymon extension script (
http://www.revpol.com/xymon_bacula_check_script ) and I installed in on the
client side ( bacula backup server ). I followed the instructions (using
method 2 bconsole access & modifying the script to fit my environment ) and
the test of the xymon user ability to use bconsole works fine.

I am not seeing a backup or bacula section on the xymon server webpage. My
guess is that I have to add it somehow to the hosts.cfg file on the server
side but this is my first custom script / xymon extension that I had to use
so I'm not sure what the syntax should look like for the hosts.cfg. Should
I specify the full script name like this ( 155.x.x.101 backup # ssh
xymon_bacula_check.sh )? Perhaps there is something else im missing server
side that needs to be done like put the custom script in  server/ext ?

Appreciate the help
Thanks,
*Joseph De Nicolo*
*Systems & Network Admin**istrator*