[Xymon] [Newbie] Smaller, lighter Xymon based program?

MatthewHarris at air-watch.com MatthewHarris at air-watch.com
Wed Jan 9 16:08:59 CET 2013

I am very new to linux and xymon is my first project, can anyone help me add a test to test the clusters we are monitoring?  I am very new, I have only really touched the hosts.cfg and the analysis.cfg to add the infrastructure and a few services to be monitored on the servers we have set up. I have installed roughly 600 xymon clients manually, we have no method that we are allowed to use to push them.  Now I just need to customize the monitoring more for our environment.  I also need to figure out how to make a test that will monitor the Microsoft Message Queuing, I have no clue on how I will do that.  Can anyone help me out, I need some specific instructions to work with, I am doing my best to set this up with very little knowledge on linux.  Thanks in advance!!!

Matthew Harris
Datacenter Ops

O | +1 404.902.4426
C | +1 678.357.1505
F | +1 404.902.4554
MatthewHarris at air-watch.com<mailto:MatthewHarris at air-watch.com>
www.air-watch.com<http://www.air-watch.com/>

This communication is confidential and is intended to be privileged pursuant to applicable law. If you are not a designated recipient of this message, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this message or its attachments. Notify the sender by replying to this message and delete or destroy all copies of this message and attachments in all media. Thank you.