[Xymon] Bug / Feature request rrd files heartbeat.

Michael Beatty Michael.Beatty at sherwin.com
Mon Jan 7 16:39:00 CET 2013

Due to network limitations and the number of hosts involved, I decided
to back the frequency of reports for the clients back to 15 mintues.  I
updated the INTERVAL parm in clientlauch.cfg.... easy enough.

However, now, none of my graphs are working.  Reason being, all of my
rrd files have heartbeats of 10 mintues.  After looking through the
code, I was disappointed to see that the 600 second heartbeat is
hardcoded into all of the /xymond/rrd/do_*.c files.   This leaves me
with two options.  1.  Recode all of those programs to create the RRD's
from a variable.  Or 2.  Run rrdtool tune on all of rrds after they are
created.  Or am I missing something?

I would like to see that the heartbeat for rrds that are created would
always be equal to 2 X Client INTERVAL.   Also, it would be helpful to
have in the documentation that you can set the rrd STEP parameter in
rrddefinitions.cfg

--
Michael Beatty