[Xymon] [Newbie] Understanding client-server configuration (terabithia's rpm 4.3.10-1.fc17)

Sergey a_s_y at sama.ru
Wed Feb 27 10:24:01 CET 2013

Hello.

I attempt to setup xymon from terabithia's packages
(rebuilded 4.3.10-1.fc17.src.rpm with small changes for ALT Linux)

Xymon's server works and ready for receive data from clients I think:
tcp   0   0 0.0.0.0:1984    0.0.0.0:*        LISTEN      3557/xymond
Web pages generated correctly. All server's tests works.

Now I attempt to setup client. So, 3 questions.

1. I need to make some network's tests on client and transfer results
to server. Should I setup client installation or server installation
in this case ?

2. I found a bug in packages. xymon and xymon-client packages contains
/usr/libexec/xymon-client/xymonclient.sh with code:
Is this script need always ?
if test "$LOCALMODE" = "yes"; then
        echo "@@" >> $MSGTMPFILE
        /usr/libexec/xymon-client/xymond_client --local <$MSGTMPFILE
else

xymond_client exist in xymon package only and by another path:
/usr/libexec/xymon/xymond_client

Is this script need always ? Could this be the cause of problems in the
client ?

3. About package.
xymon package contains xymonclient-*.sh for non linux. All this removed
from xymon-client. Are they forgotten in xymon package or they needed ?

--
Regards, Sergey