[Xymon] Client hostname on server

Another Xymon User xymon at epperson.homelinux.net
Fri Feb 22 15:01:45 CET 2013

If you don't want to lose the history, use "rename" instead of
"drop". But the core issue is probably that the client side is still
reporting as "xymon".

On 2013-02-22 8:11, Mike Burger wrote:

>> Hi,
I run 4.3.10 and the client name for my server has always been the same
as the server name (xymon). This is not the hostname of the machine. The
server machine is also listed elsewhere in hosts.cfg with just the
network tests under its actual hostname. I've decided it would be better
to have the client tests (cpu, disk, etc.) under the host's real name as
well and keep the xymon stuff under the xymon name. Originally I had the
actual hostname in hosts.cfg in a CLIENT: tag. I've since removed that
next to the host name xymon and moved it to the real host name. However,
even after a restart, nothing has changed -- all client tests are still
kept up to date under hostname xymon. The client is launched by the
server in tasks.cfg as per usual. Any idea why this is happening?
Thanks.

> Did you run run a xymon drop on the old host name? Have you
checked the
> config on the client to make sure it doesn't have the
wrong hostname