[Xymon] Client hostname on server

Novosielski, Ryan novosirj at umdnj.edu
Fri Feb 22 07:09:20 CET 2013

Hi,

I run 4.3.10 and the client name for my server has always been the same as the server name (xymon). This is not the hostname of the machine. The server machine is also listed elsewhere in hosts.cfg with just the network tests under its actual hostname.

I've decided it would be better to have the client tests (cpu, disk, etc.) under the host's real name as well and keep the xymon stuff under the xymon name. Originally I had the actual hostname in hosts.cfg in a CLIENT: tag. I've since removed that next to the host name xymon and moved it to the real host name. However, even after a restart, nothing has changed -- all client tests are still kept up to date under hostname xymon.

The client is launched by the server in tasks.cfg as per usual. Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks.