[Xymon] Questions regarding installation of Xymon

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 07:31:32 CET 2013

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 7:04 PM, LOZOVSKY, DANIEL L <dl1025 at att.com> wrote:
> I am looking to install xmon on our linux server, however, our SA's will not give me root to install it.  Can I install xymon without root and get it up and running?  If so, is there an installation manual that I can see.

you could convince your SA to install xymon client pkg for your linux
distro. there is also a xymon server pkg
for your distro.

you could download and install the client on your ~/xymon dir as well.
installing the xymon server
would be complicated with all those dependency libraries.

details to build a xymon server:  http://xymon.com/xymon/help/install.html

> When I used BigBrother, I installed everything using root and could not do it otherwise, I wonder if it is possible to install Xymon without the use of root.

Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?