[Xymon] How to fine-tune limits for filesystem tests?

Mills, David (IS) David.Mills at ngc.com
Mon Feb 11 22:50:45 CET 2013

All -

A couple of questions re: the analysis.cfg file and its syntax for the "DISK" test:
*       The "U" suffix for warning / panic thresholds refers to *minimum* values for free-space available on the indicated file system, correct? In other words, the amount of free space has to fall below the indicated number of KB, right?
*       What we want is to alert when a combination of thresholds are in effect: the file systems are both (a) above a certain percent full, and (b) less than a certain amount of free space (in blocks, megs, whatever). How would I combine the two types of tests?

Thanks!

david

David Mills
Systems Administrator